Finance Content Writer
Join us and get started on a journey of Marketing and Advertising
We are a digital marketing agency called First Phase. We help public companies attract investors using digital marketing, content and paid ads. We are scaling quickly and looking to bring on new A-Players to the team.
About the Job
First Phase is looking for a Features Writer who can create compelling and informative content for our website. The Features Writer's main focus will be writing long-form reported articles on topics related to the mining industry, cannabis, blockchain, energy, and tech. Additional responsibilities will include writing data-driven pieces and participating in the creation of audiovisual content for our YouTube channel. As our Financial Writer, you will create informative and engaging content to make complex concepts easy to understand in the financial space.
As the world of social investing is thriving, First Phase is looking for someone who can help investors understand the opportunities available to them. Whether you're covering prices, supply and demand or stocks & crypto, you're keen to break complex topics down into understandable language.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Development, you're highly motivated and self-driven. Using strong communication skills, you'll build a network of contacts in the investment industry to help investors get the information they need to make smart decisions.
Previous experience in the mining/tech/crypto industry and/or financial markets is a plus, but not required — our knowledgeable team will be there to guide you and get you up to speed.
- There is no time clock. You can work when you want, where you want.
- Fast internet is required
- We are 4 full-timers and 3 part-timers. There is no rigid corporate ladder and politics. We are easygoing with a sense of humor.
- Our team prides itself in our A-Player mentality. We are not your "average" agency and we perform at a VERY high level for ourselves and our clients.
- You have strong news judgment and critical thinking — you know what makes a good story, and you have what it takes to get your ideas on the page.
- You want to learn new concepts and try new things.
- You're self-driven and highly motivated, with the ability to multitask.
- You're flexible and able to adapt to shifting priorities — you love writing long-form reported articles, but you also know how to use SEO to create snappy content.
- You have the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Proven years of writing experience in the finance sector.
- Well versed in a wide range of financial products and accustomed to describing financial markets, products, and economic activity in clear, direct language.
- Ability to adjust tone and message to audiences across the spectrum of financial sophistication, from institutions and financial advisers to plan sponsors and individuals.
- Strong project management, written, and oral communication skills.
- Resourceful, with the ability to thrive in a hectic environment.
- Results-driven, highly collaborative.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of senior stakeholders.
- Writing long-form reported content on the resource industry to educate First Phase's investor audience. The writing process will include:
- Generating and receiving approval for ideas.
- Contacting and speaking with industry experts during the research process.
- Completing required edits and uploading content to INN's publishing platform.
- Using SEO tools to optimize content prior to publication.
- Writing data-driven articles using stock screeners and other tools.
- Staying up to date with market dynamics, as well as industry and company news in assigned resource industry sectors.
- Building relationships with industry thought leaders and C-level executives by conducting phone, video and in-person interviews.
- Working with INN's video team to create engaging audiovisual content, and helping to develop new and engaging ways to present ideas.
- Suggesting and attending industry conferences and networking events that benefit your knowledge and INN's audience.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the financial industry to deliver confident writing at multiple levels of sophistication.
- Create original content and enhance existing content while incorporating SEO best practices.
- Confidently write executive and advisor communications, marketing collateral, social media, blog posts, and white papers.
- Brainstorm, research, and contribute ideas for content that is of interest to the target audience.
- Ensure a consistent brand experience across all customer touch-points and across all media (traditional and digital).
BONUS: Read if you are serious about this job.
Here at First Phase, we are committed to building an environment where our employees continuously feel included, valued and heard. Diversity is our creative strength and it’s a combination of our unique experiences and perspectives that make for some of the best problem-solving. The result? Creativity, growth and innovation.